[Imports] [Imports-us] Automated Edit Proposal, remove area=yes, and fix broken source tag in US Massachusetts

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Aug 13 21:04:39 UTC 2013

One big difference between this an TIGER is that the TIGER tags could be
automagically removed by the editors, but these can't because we don't
want to remove all area=yes, only the area=yes from the import.

I'm in favour, provided we're not getting address data in the near future.

> and to replace the source tag value with the official name
> of the data set used for the import: "MassGIS Data - Building
> Footprints (2-D, from 2002 LiDAR data)".

Is the official name what is most meaningful to mappers? Would something
short like source=MassGIS Building Footprints be better?

Keep in mind the usual cautions about the usefulness of source=*

> The area tag is not needed anymore

It was actually never needed, although strictly speaking not wrong.