[Imports] [Talk-us] GNIS tag removal proposal

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Fri Aug 23 00:43:40 UTC 2013

They're from NHD, not GNIS. FType can be inferred by FCode. FCode
is a 5 character string with all characters digits which indicates
what the NHD feature is classified as in NHD. I would not propose
importing it in a new import, but the reason I think it's important
to keep is there were some really bad NHD conversions in the past
(e.g. 46006 to waterway=river when most of them are waterway=stream
that you could walk over), and it's useful for fixing these.