[Imports] RTD Denver GIS data

Mike N niceman at att.net
Thu Aug 29 19:11:31 UTC 2013

On 8/29/2013 12:36 PM, Derek Kniffin wrote:
> One thought for automated updates would be to create a note each time
> there's a new set of changes, and manually make the changes. Of course,
> that would be messy, and automated is always better, so if I can script
> those changes, that'd be better. An even better (but unlikely)
> alternative would be to convince RTD to do the updates each time the
> routes change, or possibly use OSM as their primary data set; I'll see
> if they might be willing to do that.

Since Denver has release GTFS data on
http://www.gtfs-data-exchange.com/agency/regional-transportation-district/
, that might be a way to keep routes and stops up to date.   The GO-Sync
tool http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GO-Sync  could be further
developed to use the Overpass API and relations.  I recall that it is
most effective at keeping stops in sync, but could be extended to routes
and the current public transport tagging schema.

    It would probably take a fair number of hours to do most of the sync
work automatically.