[Imports] Building outlines/footprints in Strzelce-Drezdenko county

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 04:56:05 UTC 2013

On 14 December 2013 00:57, Jason Remillard <remillard.jason at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrzej,
>
> Some quick feedback.

Thanks.

> First off on process.
>
> - We need to see all of this info pushed into an import wiki project page.

Ok, will add it once confirmed.

> - We would like to see some OSM files you have not uploaded yet for review.

http://openstreetmap.pl/balrog/starekurowo.osm.bz2 is the data for the
remaining municipality.  Not conflated because I'd later need to redo
it to avoid conflicts with new edits.

> On the tagging
>
> - You have the source tag on the changeset, you don't need it on the
> buildings. If you want to see the different between survey/raster,
> break them up into different change sets.

Well I've heard arguments for both ways, but the local consensus is
towards having the source= tags on objects.  Also the fact that you'd
have to split your edits between sources instead of grouping logically
according to your mapping habits makes me think they belong on the
objects (although obviously the value only applies to those edits,
where the source= tag changes its value)

> - I would also kill the building:type:pl tag, and try to translate it
> into one of the established building= values.
>
> Just import them as building=<something>.

I'm already using building= values if I can derive them from that
info, but the original data doesn't have actual information on the
building's use except if it's a greenhouse, a ruin, a foundation, etc.
 The other tag may tell you whether a given shape is the outline or
the footprint, sometimes other bits not captured by building=*.

> Lastly, could you add a description *what* address merge script does,
> perhaps into a header in the file.

Added a description in
https://github.com/balrog-kun/ewmapa2osm/blob/master/shape-utils/merge-building-addrs.py,
good point.