[Imports] Import of public transport platforms in Styria (Austria)

Andreas Uller a.uller at gmx.at
Mon Dec 16 11:23:37 UTC 2013

Dear List,

- No automated import, instead upload all platforms "by hand", so they can be checked for plausability and the stop_positions and stop_areas can be created right away. This way, one can say afterwards that all public transport stops are present in OSM in the way they should be.
- The global ID will be kept as ref:IFOPT, an internationally used ID for public transport, all other IDs will be dismissed.
- The is_in is dropped, instead the village in which the platform is, is added as alt_name="Village Name_of_stop".

I have made a test run in the city of Bruck an der Mur (chosen because some bus stops were already mapped (by different mappers) and some were missing) to look for any problems, which I didn't find (Changeset: http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/19479901).

I think this is a good way to improve the data in OSM.

Andreas