[Imports] addressmerge 0.2 release

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Fri Feb 8 13:57:48 UTC 2013

After much work I have expanded addressmerge to generate .osc (diff) files
and release version 0.2

New in this version is

- Differing dependencies
- .osc generation
- The ability to match addresses to existing buildings
- The ability to add missing addr:city tags to existing addresses

Most significant is adding addresses to existing buildings. addressmerge
will match addresses up to existing features and check if the features have
multiple addresses in them or if the matched address is too close to another
existing feature. If it is a stand-alone address and building it will add
the address to the building via a .osc file

If anyone is interested in using it, please contact me. I have some
additional validation tests I would like to run on it but require more test
datasets.

To review a .osc file the easiest way is to open it in JOSM, select all and
use "Update selection". It will then proceed to get geometries for all the
objects in it.

Dependencies:
addressmerge now requires a pgsnapshot database. This is a significant
dependency, but it is necessary to have a database that contains all the
metadata.

Additional notes:
The quality of results is to a great deal dependent on the quality of the
OSM data. I tried a great deal to handle problematic data, but doing some QC
on existing addresses and buildings is a very good idea.

As a sample I processed
http://took.paulnorman.ca/imports/riley_county_addresses_processed.osm into
http://took.paulnorman.ca/imports/riley_out.osm and
http://took.paulnorman.ca/imports/riley_out.osc