[Imports] Burlington VT Building Footprints

William Morris wboykinm at geosprocket.com
Fri Jan 4 18:14:28 UTC 2013

Hello all,

After abandoning my fiddling with remotely-sensed building footprints, I
just asked the city of Burlington if they'd allow their building footprint
data to be added to OSM under the ODbL terms. They're perfectly happy to do
so, which means I've got just under 10k structures to import. They are:

- Foundation-level accurate
- Not overly-node-y
- Somewhat regularly updated since 1979 (there are a few omissions)

I've conflict-detected the lot of them with the current OSM data - Andrew
Guertin and a few others have already done some tremendous work here, so
none of the new footprints overlap existing features. I've also pored over
the dataset manually and deleted outdated structures - it pays to be a
local.

Here's the data (7.6MB):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5kvaribxlu4rpd/btv_prints.osm

Please let me know what can be done to reach community standards on this
before importing.

-Bill

William Morris
Cartographer