[Imports] MA pond/lake import

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 01:49:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

We would like to import the rest of the ponds/lakes into
Massachusetts. The import wiki is below.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/MassGIS_DEP_Wetlands_Import_2013

- The data is public domain (all MassGIS data is public domain)
- We are conflating via a script to avoid double imports
- Simplifying the geometry to 1 meter in the script.
- The source data geometry is very good as compared to Bing images.
- About 1/3 of the state was imported already in 2010 from the same
data source, minus the name tags.
- It is about 2,800 ponds and lakes, and will fill out the rest of the
state. The wetlands, rivers, salt marshes, etc are not being imported.
- Tagged with natural=water, name=*, and sometimes water=reservoir
- Sample OSM file linked to on the wki, nothing has been uploaded yet.
- Source code linked to on the wiki.
- Changes sets will get source and attribution tags.

Please see the wiki page for details. If anybody has any
issues/problems/objections, would like us to do something different,
or would like to help, please comment!

Thanks
Jason.