[Imports] Charging Stations in Italy

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 22:06:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

Another angle on the car=* tag..

One of my rules of thumbs about imports is that they should never be
using tags that are not well established already from normal mapping
activity. Just because it is in the source database, does not mean we
are ready to have it in OSM. If you look at the existing charging
nodes, and can't find any/few car* tags, I would just leave it off for
since  the community does not think that this information is import
enough to maintain, regardless of what the wiki says.

Same with the access tags, just look at what people are doing on the
2100 nodes we already have.

Not to be distracted by the tagging discussion and getting back to the
import. Before you start doing any uploading, we really should take a
look at any code you are using, and or discuss your manual workflow.
It is only 200 points, so you could probably do it with JOSM and the
conflation plugin. At the very least, talk about in detail what your
conflation algorithm is.

- what happens if a mapper deletes a charging station
- what happens if a mapper moves a charging station node
- what happens if a mapper, merges the node onto a building
- what happens if a mapper adds more tags to the imported nodes
- what happens if a station is deleted from the source data

Its only 200 nodes, so you could do this by hand every couple of
months. Just some things to think about.

Thanks
Jason.