[Imports] Chicago Buildings Redux

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 18:54:47 UTC 2013

Hi imports,

A couple weeks ago I sent this message about Chicago releasing some of
their data with an MIT license. Now that it's out and I've had some time to
work with it, I'd like to propose continuing the import of buildings in
Chicago.

As I mentioned, I already successfully imported roughly half the city's
buildings. Now that the dataset is licensed MIT, I would like to continue
from where I left off.

Please see the wiki page I built here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Chicago,_Illinois/Buildings_Import

The local community is still very interested in this import (in fact
they've bugged me about continuing it since I stopped last year at various
mapping parties I've lead and Open Gov meetups), so I'm excited to get
going again. Please send any feedback you have as soon as possible so I can
continue the import later this week.

Thanks!
Ian