[Imports] Landuses (Utilizzo del Suolo) import from Veneto Opendata portal

Leonardo kinetocore86 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 12:31:23 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

first of all, please excuse me if there are some errors on this email
but english is not my native language.

I'm writing this mail to inform the import ML about a new import project
for the Veneto region in Italy. It's about the landuses and amenity like
schools, churches,etc ...

The data is from the "Infrastrutture dei Dati Territoriali del Veneto"
website where we already taken the data for building imports about 2
years ago (see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Veneto/Guide_e_documentazione/About_CTR_Veneto_Import).
The data is under the same license (Italian Open Data License 2.0, see
http://translate.google.it/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=it&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dati.gov.it%2Fiodl%2F2.0%2F).

What will be imported are the shape files, organized by cities and
towns, re-projected from original Gauss-Boaga to WGS84, converted with
shp-to-osm, open with JOSM, cleaned up from all duplicate nodes and
other errors, re-aligned with aerial images from PNC2006 (italian aerial
images), integrated with already present data on OSM and finally
uploaded with appropriate tags and source. I want to stress that every
one of the 581 shape that will be checked by hand so we will not use any
form of automatized import.

The local community is already informed: we have already a page for
discussing the rules for shp-to-osm
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Veneto/Uso_del_suolo) and also we
are talking about it on the Veneto mailing list. The discussion is still
going on so probably the rules will change again.

Are there any concern about these imports?

Regards,

Leonardo (aka Darkswan_Import)