[Imports] Landuses (Utilizzo del Suolo) import from Veneto Opendata portal

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Mar 12 20:57:11 UTC 2013

Thanks. First, some technical comments.

The entire dataset seems misaligned from bing, landsat and existing OSM
data. It's possible this is a projection error.

I realigned it and the accuracy seems to be about 10 meters.

There's a couple of cases of over-noding (e.g. 45.62902, 12.08219), but I'm
not sure if it's worth bulk-simplifying for them.

There are adjoining landuse=residential areas that should be merged (e.g.
45.63227, 12.08474)

wood=deciduos should be wood=deciduous

I presume the note and fixme tags are to be checked before upload and will
not be uploaded?

What is "plant_community:it=*" (yes, the exact value of *)

Statistical information:

JOSM reports the tags used as

crop	{cereal=69, corn=122, forage=34, soy=10, vegetable=25}
fallow	{yes=34}
genus	{Populus=4, Salix=9}
irrigated	{yes=357}
landcover	{trees=6}
landuse	{construction=4, farm=14, farmland=403, forest=6,
greenhouse_horticulture=2, industrial=16, landfill=2, meadow=41, orchard=6,
plant_nursery=3, quarry=2, railway=3, residential=144, vineyard=15,
wasteland=2}
leisure	{park=5, sports_centre=2}
meadow	{agriculture=41}
natural	{scrub=3, water=16, wood=35}
plant_community:it	{*=41}
produce	{wood=12}
species	{Robinia pseudoacacia=1}
water	{reservoir=6, river=10}
waterway	{riverbank=10}
wood	{deciduos=41}

The following tags have seen little or no use outside of imports:

plant_community:it=*
All values of crop chosen
fallow=yes
meadow= agriculture
produce=wood
wood=deciduos

Some non-technical comments:

You are tagging farmland as fallow or with what crop it is producing. How do
you propose keeping this up to date? I can see lots of differences between
the imagery and the data you're proposing to import. My local experience
where I have yearly imagery for some of the farmland is that field usage can
change substantially year to year. I would suggest dropping this
information.

What is your plan for quality control of imports to make sure they are done
in accordance with what you've proposed and the community's expectations?