[Imports] Polish Forests - Imports
remillard.jason at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 17:22:15 UTC 2013
>> After being pointed to changeset 17263910 I think this question needs re-examination, now that we've seen the data.
>> For an overview of the data, see
>> It seems to be typical of the data this import consists of. I've
>> highlighted a few problems
>> - There are several areas which are not forests
> Yes, the data being imported is actually limits of parcels belonging
> to the Forestry Service, which someone on the forums estimated
> corresponds to forest boundaries in a grade of 80%. It was argued
> that it should be instead imported (if at all) with boundary=* tags --
> there's one which is already established for that purpose (iirc mostly
> in Russia).
I can't read Polish and I am having some trouble following along.
Could we recap.
- We have some parcel boundaries from the Polish forest service.
- Some of them have been imported as a landuse=forest, which was known
ahead of time to only be 80% accurate as far as matching where the
forest actually is.
- Mappers are correcting the landuse=forest to match the tree's on the imagery.
- Mappers involved in the import would prefer that they not be edited,
since they are really parcel boundaries.
- These parcels are broken up into squares where each square has some
kind of name/address? This is also a kind of address import too.
This seems like a tricky import, If I am following along, more work
should be done on the tagging perhaps doing more processing of the
geometry to match OSM's data model.
More information about the Imports