[Imports] edit import guideline wiki page

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Nov 9 01:39:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 07.11.2013 18:52, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> I don't agree with that either and I am planning to revert these two
> aspects of your edit.

I've now re-introduced the wording about imports being bad for community
growth, but used a weaker wording than before - instead of

"OpenStreetMap is all about building a great map by attracting a large
community of mappers."

I put

"attracting a large community of mappers is considered by many as a core
necessity for building a great map."

acknowledging that this might not be universally felt, and instead of
the old

"It's actually far more important to go out and run lots of mapping
parties" etc.

I wrote that this (going out etc.) "might sometimes be a better
long-term strategy than importing data".

I hope that this is a compromise everyone can live with.

Bye
Frederik