[Imports] Sardinia Imports

sabas88 sabas88 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 14:47:42 UTC 2013

Dear all,
a couple of days ago Sardinia (Italian island -
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=8/40.472/9.748 ) was afffected by floods
caused by a cyclone. The italian community was activated and an hot task
created http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/367

Simone Cortesi obtained an ad hoc authorization to reuse the local
government datasets:
the pdf is here
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/7/77/Autorizzazione_sardegna_openstreetmap.pdf

Data is downloadable here
http://www.sardegnageoportale.it/catalogodati/download

and we are organizing imports on chat, we have started a wiki page here
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Sardegna/Import

Currently the data involved will be at least buildings, roads and
hydrography.

People that are working on the raw files comes from previous experiences in
imports (Emilia Romagna, Veneto, Liguria) and the conversion I think would
be smooth enough because the files are conformant to Inspire European
Directive, take for example this pdf related to the multiprecision database
http://www.sardegnageoportale.it/documenti/6_83_20100517122636.pdf
The conversion rules will be posted onto the wiki.

Best regards,
Stefano