[Imports] INSPIRE / Was: SV: Sardinia Imports

Thomas Hirsch Thomas.Hirsch at kartverket.no
Thu Nov 21 16:06:52 UTC 2013

> the conversion I think would be smooth enough because the files are conformant to Inspire European Directive
> The conversion rules will be posted onto the wiki.

Just to satisfy my curiosity: Are there any initiatives/plans to import INSPIRE datasets as they become available?
Even in the case that only a part of the datasets turn out to be useful to OSM, having a (possibly bi-directional) mapping between the elaborate INSPIRE semantics and OSM tags and values would greatly help harmonizing the imports.

As far as I can see from
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/INSPIRE

the initiative seems to be largely ignored, and local import rules are beginning to branch.