[Imports] Belgium address import

Ben Abelshausen ben.abelshausen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 13:27:46 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) The screenshots on the wiki page mention the use of associatedStreet
> relation, but your e-mail mentions that you will remove it. In the end, the
> data will only have nodes with addr:* tags?

The screenshot will have to be changed, I missed that. We first had a
proposal with the relation. We will add the tags to building outlines with
housenumber and streetname.

> 2) I'm not familiar with the addr.openstreetmap.fr tool, but it sounds
> like it duplicates functionality of the OSM Tasking Manager. Have you
> considered using that?

This tool works per street and also serves the data into JOSM. It's a bit
more convenient than using the TM for this because everything is integrated
and it's specifically for addresses.

I helped with another import for the Central African Republic using the TM
but we had to use an external tool to serve the external data per tile (job
in question: http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/219).

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Best regards,

Ben Abelshausen