[Imports] Belgium address import

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 08:16:40 UTC 2013

The reason why we never considered adding addresses as nodes on the streets
is that it wouldn't be clear on which side of the street the address was
lying. So several years ago, we put addresses on nodes, Just like POIs.

Then aerial imagery improved and we became able to draw buildings from it
(Thanks Bing).

What to do when one building has more than one address has never been
resolved completely.

I'd prefer to have a way to tie addresses to buildings by either having
them on the contour or with a site relation, instead of as a node inside
the building contour. Spatial queries are expensive and not available to
everyone on every platform.

I'd also like to have a way to form a full address without the need for a
spatial query, hence my preference to use associatedStreet relations, so
the name of the city and the postcode don't have to be repeated ad nauseum.

In the import for the Flanders part of Belgium, the plan is to only include
addr:housenumber and addr:street on the node, if I understood correctly. AS
relations are deemed to complicated to work with.

Jo