[Imports] Import of public transport platforms in Styria (Austria)

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 16:14:08 UTC 2013

On 28 November 2013 03:09, Andreas Uller <a.uller at gmx.at> wrote:
> There are varoius IDs provided, one is a "global, unique" ID for each platform (Europe-wide normed "IFOPT" number). Should this be imported to OSM (as ref=* or something different?) in case we later receive open timetable or realtime data which needs to be connected to the stops? Or are there other ways to match timetable data to platforms? These IDs are not visible to anyone standing at the bus stop and I have not yet encountered them anywhere else than in that file - from what I've read so far this is a strong reason not to include them. However, I want to be sure we don't need them later.

Whichever you choose, you should keep the ref= tag for publicly
visible refs (and preferably those actually used by the public too).
So for example in London we often have groups of bus_stops near
transport interchanges with a one or two letter reference (e.g. F in
the picture), unique only within that group. For that we use ref=.
Other references (such as the '7001' in yellow on this stop sign) are
either ignored since they are only used as internal refs by the
transport authority, or are put into more specific tags.

http://static.flickr.com/109/293288495_b495aeaefa.jpg?v=0

Cheers,
Andy