[Imports] Dutch addresses and buildings import from BAG

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 28 21:01:01 UTC 2013

On 11/28/2013 09:24 PM, Dan S wrote:
> 2013/11/28 Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 28.11.2013 20:32, Johan C wrote:
>>> The info on the import can be found
>>> here: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/BAGimport
>>
>> It is no longer usual to tag individual objects with "source".
>
> You mean for imports in particular, right? I often have manual editing
> sessions with multiple sources (e.g. my gps trace, the bing aerial and
> my local knowledge), and so there's a good reason why many people
> might apply different source tags to objects even within a single
> changeset.

This is similiar to how we intent the import process to look like. Not a
strictly mechanical import, but having easy access to the buildings and
addresses in JOSM to assist in mapping the area. It's common to want to
adjust the surrounding roads based on the satellite imagery and GPS
traces while working on the buildings and addresses in the area, add
additional POIs, etc.

Tagging objects with its respective source seems appropriate in this
case. Were the import fully automated using only the changeset seems
more appropriate.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
GnuPG: 0xE88D4AF1 (new) / 0x77A975AD (old)