[Imports] Import of public transport platforms in Styria (Austria)

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 01:56:09 UTC 2013

Hi Andreas,

- ID

We just looked at another bus stop import.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/AltoAdige_-_S%C3%BCdtirol/SASA_Bus_Stops_Import

This issue of the IFOPT/GFS numbers has already came up, without any
good solution so far. These global routing ids are useful and I think
belong in OSM. We don't have a standard tag, making it very difficult
for somebody to actually use them. Rather than putting them into an
import specific namespace, instead could could you figure out a proper
tag for them, and put it here?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Public_transport

Whatever comes out of that conversation, use it for the import. We
don't have anything...

- You might want to look at the operator tag.

- I don't think we need the is_in, right? We have the town boundaries
in OSM. Its fine if the same name is used over and over again.

Good luck!

Thanks
Jason