[Imports] Pseudo-Mechanical Edit/Import

Matt Robinson mwr54 at jla.rutgers.edu
Fri Nov 22 18:08:52 UTC 2013

I'm at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, US, and I'm planning on
doing an import. We have some official building information (that has no
license), and would like to contribute them to Open Street Maps. This
will involve replacing some buildings with more accurate ones, and
adding some new ones. This is accomplished with a script that can be
found here
<https://github.com/mr/building_shapes/blob/master/gen_josm.py>. This is
merged in JOSM, and then manually reviewed (as the replacement process
is not perfect). Since there is a manual review, there is little room
for error. This script would probably run only once. Other buildings we
add would be added manually as they are built.

Please let me know about any questions or problems with this. I will
write a documentation page if necessary.

--
-Matt