[Imports] Import Proposal - Los Angeles County Land Use

Aaron Lidman aaronlidman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 04:16:57 UTC 2013

Hi Jason,

I'll stick with parks then, only ~700 items.

I wasn't aware gnis preservation was a priority. I'll have to think
something up because I've avoided adding the ability to edit/delete
existing OSM data to keep the code simple and the interface simple.

Everything in OSMLY just uses existing accounts because all changesets
are uniquely tagged per import automatically. Does that not work? I was
just following what the seattle import did in that regard,
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Seattle_Import#Dedicated_Import_Account
. JOSM just uses whatever account the user was logged in with, there's
really not much I can do there other than load the geometry.