[Imports] Import Proposal - Los Angeles County Land Use

Aaron Lidman aaronlidman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 14:38:39 UTC 2013

Conflation: Yeah that was probably the most time consuming part of
preparing this data, it just involved too many other applications and
moving data around a lot, I'll have to give it some thought. I was
thinking about building a simple script for doing conflation more
automatically. (specify desired osm tags/type + source data, it removes
everything that overlaps those tags) Or maybe I should build more of
that functionality into OSMLY for detecting overlapping data and
presenting some kind of error?

Tags: I'm going to build functionality for merging geometry to get gnis
tags as the other guys have brought up. Not sure how I could make it
compare tags for possibly multiple items in a meaningful way. Is there
anything like what you're imagining in JOSM or elsewhere I can get an
idea from?