[Imports] Importing buildings for Danish municipality of Dragør

Peter Brodersen peter at ter.dk
Wed Oct 2 21:16:42 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm preparing an import for buildings for the Danish muncipality of
Dragør located here:
http://osm.org/go/0NWrqgXy--

The plan is documented on the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Da:Drag%C3%B8r (in Danish)

The data for import can be found here as prepared .osm files:
http://osm.rasher.dk/dragoer/

I have have done a couple of imports for Danish municipalities earlier
as well as other types of imports. This will follow the same route:

- Explicit import account: User "Municipality Import Dragør"
- Explicit agreement from municipality
- Comparing buildings with existing data and only importing
non-overlapping buildings (using uvmogr2osm)
- Sampling the data for errors and comparing with free aerial imagery
- Documenting import at the OSM Wiki
- Talk on the Danish OSM mailing list and IRC (#osm-dk)

This is the sixth Danish municipality (out of 98) to provide us with
data under an explicit license.

We are currently investigating the Danish Open Data License (which all
buildings in Denmark have been released under) for compatibility with
ODbL but until we have a legal clarification we are working on a
case-by-case basis with explicit permissions.

- Peter Brodersen
OSM User: Findvej