[Imports] NYC building and address import
penorman at mac.com
Fri Oct 4 06:06:00 UTC 2013
A few comments:
1. It’s good to see the files no longer have the contradictory information. Mentioning this would have been good, as it was one of the items holding up the import. The new links added to the wiki actually didn’t help this issue, as the issue was always the restrictions present in the meta-data in the zip file.
2. You don’t have any proposed tagging on the wiki page, nor has proposed tagging been discussed
3. You don’t have what changeset tags will be used
4. There is still the unresolved issue of how to upload areas with no buildings in OSM. The conclusion when it was discussed was that doing it centrally once in bulk was the safest method, but I don’t see this reflected in the documentation yet.
4 isn’t an immediate issue if you’re addressing areas which require manual conflation first.
As an aside on 1, it would be nice if they indicated the license of the files directly and didn’t require you to dig through the laws to get them.
From: Alex Barth [mailto:alex at mapbox.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 7:49 PM
To: Imports OpenStreetMap.org
Subject: Re: [Imports] NYC building and address import
After NYC released the latest update to building perimeter outlines and address points  last week we've started test imports with a small group of contributors .
Here's a quick summary of adjustments we've made based on the feedback here:
- Documentation on wiki page: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue/NYC_Buildings_Addresses
- Ensured nodes are properly deduped https://github.com/osmlab/nycbuildings/issues/8
- Clear reference to public domain: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue/NYC_Buildings_Addresses#License
Here's a first commit I've made today: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/18169139
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Imports