[Imports] Zaatari Imports

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 11 15:08:37 UTC 2013

Hi

Paul got in touch, with questions about the recent imports in Zaatari refugee camp. Mea culpa for not raising the imports on this list.

Description of the project and process is at.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mikelmaron/diary/19912

Pual says "The biggest concern is the tags. Tags like unosat:acquisition_date, unosat:event_code and unosat:objected need to be discussed on the list."

These tags are present to help with conflation (which we've now done twice successfully). UNOSAT will continue to periodically update their analysis, and need to identify what has previously been imported from their data. Looking again, unosat:acquisition_date is not necessary to retain in OSM, but unosat:event_code and unosat:objectid are needed to uniquely associate these features with UNOSAT data.

Interested to hear any feedback on this.

Mikel

ps Note, I might be absent from discussion at short notice for paternity leave.

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron