[Imports] data.sa.gov.au South Australian Suburb Boundaries

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 13:57:40 UTC 2013

Hi Daniel,

Some suggestions

- put a source tag on the changeset set. The comment will be what the
suburb is, and then source tag.
- If you have already QA'ed it, perhaps you could try to find some
help and do an automated upload.

Most important

- It does not look like the adjacent boundaries are sharing nodes? The
maintenance of the boundaries will be simplified if they are sharing
nodes.
- The simplification is kind of tricky to get right. Right now, I bet
if you uploading several adjacent boundaries on complex shapes (like
boundaries that follow rivers), you would have many small gaps and
overlap. The simplification does not kill the same nodes from both
boundaries.

I think this data set needs to be processed/prepared in one gulp so
the shared nodes are used and the simplification (if it is needed?)
will be consistent. Like roads, and rivers, any data that forms a
connected network in OSM is hard to import well.

Thanks
Jason.