[Imports] Source tag (was: Re: NYC building + address import - to merge or not to merge?)

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Tue Oct 15 14:04:16 UTC 2013

Starting a new thread on the source tag.

Re: source tag. We decided against it as the import is identified by import
account and changeset comment.

I don't find source tags useful in a database that routinely sources
information for a single entity from multiple sources. I. e. what's the
source tag for a building that I import from NYC, but then move to better
align with imagery?