[Imports] Source tag (was: Re: NYC building + address import - to merge or not to merge?)

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 15:28:57 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I don't find source tags useful in a database that routinely sources
>> information for a single entity from multiple sources. I. e. what's the
>> source tag for a building that I import from NYC, but then move to better
>> align with imagery?

I still find interresting to know if a building footprint is coming
from Bing approximation or if it's imported from the city GIS
department. But now, we have no mean to know from where it comes (once
uploaded).

> +1
Martin, shall I search in ML archives your repeatedly statements about
the importance of sourcing ? ;-)

Pieren