[Imports] Source tag (was: Re: NYC building + address import - to merge or not to merge?)

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 16:23:23 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Richard Welty <rwelty at averillpark.net> wrote:
> the history should show you the user id which created the object, and
> the account names attached to it should provide the clue. at least, that's
> my understanding of Alex's comment.

So, instead of changing a changeset tag, contributors will have to
swap credentials in JOSM each time they use a different source... Of
course, they will not do this for every small upload and we cannot
rely on the user account suffix. The source tag is not 100% reliable
but relying on user account management self-discipline is even worst.
And *_nycbuildings is not self-explanatory as "source=NYC DoITT City
Wide GIS, 09-2013"

Pieren