[Imports] [NUUG kart] kartverket imports to OpenStreetMap

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Wed Oct 16 22:30:09 UTC 2013

> From: Tyrfing OSM [mailto:tyrfingosm at gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: [Imports] [NUUG kart] kartverket imports to OpenStreetMap

> As Ramm mentioned the data sets from Kartverket are quite extensive.
> Parts of it might be suitable for importing (like admin borders or
> names). But that I think I will leave to those that actually (want
> to) do imports.
> > It is the last of these that I'm writing to you about. A number of
> > different users have conducted imports from "kartverket" data sets in
> > the recent past. Many of these imports had technical problems - e.g.
> > changesets filled with 50,000 nodes and thus very difficult to handle,
> > or often we can see that people first imported something and then
> > deleted half of it again, and so on.

It is worth noting that this is my greatest concern, the people improperly
importing data on a large scale without review by imports at . There may be
other issues with the smaller scale stuff, and some have been raised
already,
but the 50k node/changeset stuff by different people, and none of those
people
have come forwards to the list.