[Imports] NYC building + address import - to merge or not to merge?

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Thu Oct 17 17:50:24 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:
> How so? Keep in mind that NYC GIS will have to deal with [different ways of address representation]

I tend to agree. Consistency is worth pursuing, but users of OSM data
can and should never assume that it is present in OSM data.
Also I don't think merging departs from accepted / general mapping
practice. Most mappers I talk to would suggest to merge when there is
a point and a polygon representing the same thing.

--
Martijn van Exel
http://oegeo.wordpress.com/