[Imports] NYC building + address import - to merge or not to merge?

Danijel Schorlemmer osm at schorlemmer.net
Wed Oct 23 09:04:44 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:44:04 AM Pieren wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM, Alex Barth <alex at mapbox.com> wrote:
> > case for sticking to that convention.
>
> Taginfo tells us that we have 15.3 millions addr:housenumber's on
> nodes vs 9.7 millions on ways.

Have you actually checked how many house-number nodes are part of a building
polygon/way and how many house-number nodes are lacking any building
footprint? The latter ones can hardly be counted against the notion of having
house numbers attached to the building footprint as long as the building has
only one house number. Having the entrance as part of the building polygon
being tagged with the house number and tagging the building footprint with the
house number if the entrance is unknown seems the best solution to me.

Cheers

-danijel