[Imports] NYC building + address import - to merge or not to merge?

Alex Barth alex at mapbox.com
Fri Oct 25 00:57:03 UTC 2013

Eric Fischer and I got curious, he just ran numbers on the entire planet, I
posted a summary here: http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/lxbarth/diary/20261

The short is that for better or worse, tagging addresses on buildings where
possible is most common in OSM. Whether that's good or bad is a different
discussion, for OSM NYC we'll stick to this convention. Especially as the
location of the address point is not always meaningful in this dataset.