[Imports] Polish Forests - Imports

Glen Barnes barnaclebarnes at me.com
Wed Oct 30 23:00:36 UTC 2013

On 31/10/2013, at 11:32 am, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:

> - There are several areas which are not forests

I would be careful about making that statement. They may not look like forests in the satellite imagery but how old is the sat photo? Have they recently been planted? Maybe they have been clear felled at the time of satellite taking and have now been planted or conversely they were forests at the time the dataset was made but have now been cut.

Forests undergo quite regular change in their shape and size given their life of 10+ years and staggered planting (depending on the species).

> - There is a section which is split into many small polygons, when the
>  entire area is forest.
> - There is an a regular grid pattern which doesn't seem to correspond
>  to anything on the ground.

Agree with these points.