[Imports] [Talk-us] GNIS tag removal proposal

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 10:31:21 UTC 2013

Am 08/set/2013 um 10:39 schrieb Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com>:

> * Reclassify objects which are currently gnis but should be other
> datasets (non-gnis).

being derived from one data set or the other is not an osm classification. Our strength is crowd sourced data collection and maintenance / update. All these imported tags pointing to external datasets really cramp the db mostly without any further use.
It would be great if future imports (if they will be done) would not introduce any particular data set tags on object level including source and note. If the attribution requirement cannot be fullfilled with attribution in the wiki and on changeset level we would simply not import their data.

cheers,
Martin