[Imports] NLS.fi import stage 1 plan

Ilpo Järvinen ilpo.jarvinen at helsinki.fi
Tue Sep 10 22:18:32 UTC 2013

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013, Paul Norman wrote:

> [...]

There are .osm.gz files under these pages (for subnets >5km):
  http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/ijjarvin/osm/subnets/

Another potentially interesting visualization is from subnettool, which
will be used to coordinate subnets among participating mapper:
  http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/ijjarvin/osm/conhull.png
...It shows the convex hulls of the subnets. The overlaps are due to
convexity, the actual components of the subnet won't overlap (producing
more accurate vector outline for even a small number of subnets would
just kill browsers :-)).

--
 i.