[Imports] RFC - Import of Electric Car Charging Data from Open Charge Map

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Wed Sep 11 03:23:48 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Paul Churchley <paul at churchley.org> wrote:

> I propose that only these eligible ones be imported to OSM as single nodes
> with the tags following the proposed Charging Station tagging (
> Charging_station<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Charging_station>).
> I also propose an additional tags to hold the OCM references to allow for
> cross referencing. This will also provide an easy way to determine which
> data was imported from OCM. I suggest OCM:ChargePointID & OCM:AddressInfoID

Good addition. My limited knowledge of charging stations says that there is
more than one type. For instance, Tesla is building out fast charge
stations on the west coast of the US. It would be good to capture this
information.

I would suggest you complete an import wiki proposal for the import.
Provide links to the data for review.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch