[Imports] NYC building and address import

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 03:49:56 UTC 2013

Hi Ian,

There are many way of doing this.... but if it was me, I would do this....

- load an OSM NY extract in a postGIS database with osm2pgsql
- for each building, run ST_Intersects with existing building=*, with
python psycopg2
- if you don't get a hit, put the building into single directlyupload.osm
- if you do get a hit, use the current workflow, task manager, etc,
etc.. aka make a human deal with it...

On the directlyupload.osm file
- convert to osc -
https://github.com/jremillard/osm-import-toolkit/blob/master/upload/osm2osc.py
- split to < 5,000 elements -
https://github.com/jremillard/osm-import-toolkit/blob/master/upload/osmsplit.py
- batch upload  -
https://github.com/jremillard/osm-import-toolkit/blob/master/upload/osmupload.py

Or coarse, you would need to do QA on the directlyupload.osm, looking
for schools without building tags, airport terminals without buildings
tags, and mostly for alignment. Once it is QA'ed, the file is
regenerated, and upload.

When the upload is done, Run this to

https://github.com/jremillard/osm-import-toolkit/blob/master/prep/findoverlappingbuildings.py

It will verify that you did not double upload anything by accident...

Thanks
Jason.