[Imports] NYC building and address import

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Fri Sep 13 19:28:04 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 5:22 AM, Alex Barth <alex at mapbox.com> wrote:

> I'm submitting this import proposal for peer review on this list:
> https://github.com/osmlab/nycbuildings/blob/master/PROPOSAL.md
>  In March 2012, NYC has made all its data public. In the meantime we've
> worked closely with the NYC government and within the NYC OSM community to
> work out a plan under which this data could be responsibly imported to
> OpenStreetMap.
>
> Alex;

Around the same time I looked into importing the NYC drinking fountain data
into OSM.  However after reading the licence, and discussions on this list,
concluded that the data was not compatible.  I ended up using the NYC
drinking fountain data
segregated from OSM data for the project.

Could you provide an analysis of the NYC licence terms related to OSM?