[Imports] NYC building and address import

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Wed Sep 18 05:36:38 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Alex Barth <alex at mapbox.com> wrote:

> Bryce -
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com>wrote:
>
>> Around the same time I looked into importing the NYC drinking fountain
>> data into OSM.  However after reading the licence,
>>
> The Local Law 11 of 2012 is very clear and applies to data that NYC DoITT
> city wide GIS services manages:

It would be comforting if the dataset restrictions embedded  in the
published data reflected that same openness.
There's room to interpret laws and their applicability: especially when
there are two contradictory statements.
What's the timeframe for getting NYC DoITT to regenerate all those exports
with the more liberal licence?