[Imports] Florida Water Import

Brian May bmay at mapwise.com
Mon Sep 23 22:23:30 UTC 2013

For fully automated - 10k. I experimented with 30k while manually
reviewing in JOSM, and it ran fine. From observing network traffic looks
like it bulk transferred everything right away and then there's
processing on the OSM server that happens for a bit until the upload is
done. I know there's docs / suggestions that say only do 10k. The API
has a limit of 50k. So I'm curious about the issues there. There
shouldn't be any conflicts with existing OSM objects since conflation is
being done between OSM data and the lakes data within a day or so to
eliminate the chance for dupes - and I'm not editing existing objects.

OK, I thought putting that in the comment box in JOSM was OK. For
example, I used "Florida Water Import from 2011 SWFWMD Landcover" in the
comments tag that JOSM provides by default. I just realized you can do
additional changeset tags w/ JOSM. So, I could do:
     comment=Florida Water Import
     import=yes
     source=2011 SWFWMD Landcover

If / when I am doing manual reviews using bing, do I add bing as a
source? Like source=2011 SWFWMD Landcover;bing

Right, no updates. The community will update the data as they see fit.
Its already happening.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/238012327/history

Brian