[Imports] SASA bus stops import

Martin Raifer tyr.asd at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 08:08:56 UTC 2013

Jason Remillard <remillard.jason at gmail.com> wrote:

> - I think you would be able to put operator=SASA on all of the nodes.

Oh, sure! I completely forgot this one.

> - The name tag should be what appears on the sign at the stop. Not
> sure if they sign it in both languages with a hyphen or not.

The name on the signs reads both languages, typically as two lines. Like
here:
http://pdf.opensasa.info/?page=aushang&palina=5201&linea=3%20BZ&pdf=1

The hyphen is used here in South Tyrol as a separator for multilingual
names (such as street names, towns, etc.).[1]

Btw: This is approximately the affected bounding box of the import:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?box=yes&bbox=11.1%2C46.4%2C11.4%2C46.7

> - You should see if SASA has a GTFS feed and see what they are using
> for station id. If it is the SASA:ref, then you may want to include it
> as some kind of gtfs tag, or just use it in the ref tag. Being able to
> link OSM to the GTFS feed would be useful.

As far as I can see they do not support GTFS. But I'll ask.

> - I thought the bus routes were setup with relations, rather than
> route_ref tag.  Not sure if the route_ref is actually used or not? It
> is perfectly ok to import just the stations leaving out the routes.

Sure, but we are not allowed to import or use their network plans because
of their cc-nc license. So I thought that this route_ref field is the only
way to get at least some information about the routes into the DB. It is
the same as if a mapper sees an individual bus stop on a street without
knowing the whole bus route.

(route_ref is used ~140k times and appears to be used mostly in PT
contexts.[2])

What would be the alternative? Creating route relations that only contain
the stops without an actual route? Hm.

Martin

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Multilingual_names#Alto_Adige.2FS.C3.BCdtirol_.28South_Tyrol.29