[Imports] SASA bus stops import

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 19:36:41 UTC 2013

Hi,

> But my biggest concern is this:
>
> "This is a manual one-time-import. JOSM will be used for checking,
> validation, conflation and upload of the data. "

This import from the summer was supposed to have some simple
conflation code written, it was for electric charging stations, which
are not all that different than a bus stops, since they are both point
features.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Enel_Open_Data

The code is here (I have not used it before, don't know if it works or not...).

https://github.com/insideout10/open-street-map-importer

Perhaps this might save you some time. A 1,000 features is 100% doable
manually. However, if you can automate simple cases (bus stop 100%
missing from OSM), then you can afford to spend more time on the
situations that are harder to automate, the overall quality of the
import will be higher.

Thanks
Jason.