[Imports] SASA bus stops import

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 18:42:52 UTC 2013

Hi Markus,

Thanks for jumping into this!

Just one question. The SIRI spec is very large and complicated! I am
not sure if you will know.

So far we have decided to not import the SASA reference number for
each stop, generally these ID's are not really useful in OSM. However,
I just wanted to verify the SASA reference will not be needed to
overlay SIRI routes on top of imported bus stations in OSM. We expect
that the bus lat/lon will end up being changed/refined in OSM over
time, versus the upstream source data. Since we are not importing
routes, we don't want to make it impossible for downstream users of
OSM to integrate with SIRI route information.

Hopefully this is my last dumb question about bus stops....

Thanks
Jason.