[Imports] "fleet manager" speed limit import proposal (Canada, USA)

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Apr 4 05:32:14 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 7:50 PM, berniejconnors <berniejconnors at gmail.com> wrote:
> Richard,
>
>     At this early stage I would like to see some metadata for the speed
> limit data:
> How was it collected?

Driver survey + GPS.

> What is the source?

The fleet managers, and their drivers, and their GPS.

> How is it licensed?

Currently, "verbal permission to include in OpenStreetMap". In future,
written permission, and / or a suitable Open Data license.

> What is the data format and structure?

Currently, a single .json file.  "k" is osm way_id.  "s" is posted
speed limit (in km/h) as surveyed.  Similar to this, but longer.

[{
    "k": 9844136,
    "v": {
        "s": 70
    }
},
{
    "k": 68509446,
    "v": {
        "s": 80
    }
}]

In future, I expect the data will be a directory with one .json file
one for each week, or whatever the publication frequency is.