[Imports] Fwd: Imports

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 20:07:09 UTC 2014

See Saikrishna's reply on the list for how to open ShapeFiles in JOSM. The
plug in works best with small files.

Looking back in the email archive, it looks like this is a building import
for Dar es salaam [1]. Am I right? If so, then I would repeat the advice
that you import small sections at a time (a neighbourhood you know well
would be a good starting point). As there are already some buildings in
OpenStreetMap for this city, then you need to be careful not to create
duplicates. Mikel's email [2] is spot on.

If you've taken this all into consideration and are struggling with JOSM,
then why not put the ShapeFile up online somewhere (e.g. dropbox) and have
someone help split it into smaller files for you.

Regards,
Rob

[1]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/imports/2014-February/002848.html