[Imports] To import Palermo (Italy) buildings in OSM

andy aborruso at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 21:07:32 UTC 2014

Hi all,
my city council (I leave in Palermo, Italy) has released in open data the
buildings dataset:
http://www.comune.palermo.it/opendata_dld.php?id=269

It's an ESRI shapefile dataset in EPSG:3004 SRS, that I have just converted
in EPSG:4326. The license datase is CC By
4.0<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/deed.en>
.

I have already written to italian talk-it mailing
list<http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/Importare-gli-edifici-open-data-del-Comune-di-Palermo-su-OSM-td5803715.html>,
and now I'm writing to you to activate the import process.

In my city, there are already some building poly, especially in the south
side. There are very few attributes associated with these: there are a
total of about 16000 polygons, but only three hundred of these have a name
associated with.

I would like to import in OSM only those buildings that do not touch
already existing buildings. In the below image you have a screenshot of
this dataset: in grays those buildings that do no touch existing buildings.
I split it into two layers the original one:

   - edifici_palermo_not_touch_osm.zip, for those that do not touch
   - edifici_palermo_touch_osm.zip, for the others

You can find these zip files here: http://ge.tt/6LiThNc1?c

The poly keys values that showed overlap with these open data were:
"building, leisure, man_made, shop, sport, tourism".

I think that the process import could start, but I need your instructions.

Thank you very much,

Andrea

[image: Inline image 1]

--
Andrea Borruso
website: http://blog.spaziogis.it

"cercare e saper riconoscere chi e cosa,
 in mezzo all’inferno, non è inferno,
e farlo durare, e dargli spazio"

Italo Calvino