[Imports] Import of 1, 096 Bauchi State (Nigeria) health facilities from eHealth Africa database

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 14:32:28 UTC 2014

Hi list:

eHealth Africa Foundation has released a set of 1,096 health
facilities (dispensaries, primary health centres, hospitals...) for
Bauchi state, to be imported into OSM.

The import is very similar to the one of Kano state [1], with only
some changes:

1) It incorporates the ownership of each facility: Public or Private.
This has been tagged as operator:type=public or private.
2) Some facilities source date is 2013 and some 2014. So the
source:date is included in each node.
3) Some facilities have an alternative name, so we include the
alt_name tag for those nodes.

The import wikipage is this:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_Nigeria_eHealth_Bauchi_Health_Facilities

You can find the detailed import workflow wikipage here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_Nigeria_eHealth_Bauchi_Health_Facilities_Workflow#Uploading_the_eHealth_data_to_OSM

As you can see, as we did for Kano state health facilities, this
import will be done through an specific job in the HOT Tasking Manager.

If no issues, we could proceed with this import from Monday or Tuesday
this coming week.

Have a nice weekend,

Rafael Ávila Coya.

[1]